Bar Review Loan
The Bar Review Loan is a low fixed rate loan for law students preparing for the bar exam.
Benefits of the Bar Loan:
- Low fixed interest rate of 7.76%*
- No application fees
- Zero origination fees for loans disbursed on or after July 1, 2012
- Borrow up to $15,000
- 15-year repayment term with no pre-payment penalties
- Easy online application with instant credit pre-approval
- Student is the primary borrower - cosigner release option after 24 initial and consecutive on-time payments, if student borrower meets underwriting criteria
Rates & fees:
Figures provided for estimation purposes only.
| Loan Type
| Estimated monthly
payment per $10,000 borrowed
|Bar Review Loan 2013/14
ASSUMPTIONS: Single disbursement of $10,000 on June 1. Minimum monthly payment is $50.00. Loan enters repayment 9 months after disbursement at which time outstanding interest is capitalized and a 180 month repayment term begins.
- This loan is for students in their final year of law school and have expenses associated with studying for and taking the bar exam
- Students may request funds for periods beginning six months prior to and six months after the student’s graduation date
- Borrowers and co-borrowers must pass a credit check and meet other eligibility requirements
- 15-year repayment term
- Payments begin 9 months after the student graduates from school
*Rhode Island Student Loan Authority (RISLA), the lender for the Bar Review Loan, may withdraw this interest rate offer at any time. RISLA reserves the right to modify or terminate borrower benefit programs at its discretion and without prior notice. More information